Alcohol Rehab Center
Detox, Residential and Outpatient Services
For many people, alcohol is a normal part of their social life, but then there are some people that have an unhealthy relationship with alcohol use. As the most used and abused substances in America, alcohol is responsible for destroying thousands of lives across the country. At Nova Vital Recovery, we understand how complicated and difficult alcohol abuse and addiction can be, and we want to provide every patient with a safe and warm environment in which to receive treatment for their addiction.
Alcoholism knows no race, gender, or age bias, and affects people all across the world. Alcohol abuse and addiction can many times stem from the desire to numb traumatic experiences and memories that are linked to emotions that are difficult for that individual to deal with. When lacking the ability to or resources to recognize and properly deal with the emotional components of trauma, individuals turn to alcohol as an alternative way to deal with their emotions. Alcohol provides a way for one to escape from their problems, if only for that period of time.
Am I An Alcoholic?
It’s not uncommon for alcohol addicts to be oblivious to the fact that they have an alcohol problem. In fact, it is usually the individual addicted to alcohol that is the last to recognize it is even a problem. Although there is no test out there to test for alcoholism, answering “yes” to 3 or more of the following questions puts you at high risk for alcoholism.
- Do you want to cut down or stop drinking entirely but can’t?
- Do you consume alcohol in larger amounts or for longer periods of time than you meant to?
- Do you spend a lot of time getting, using, or recovering from drinking alcohol?
- Do you have cravings and urges to drink?
- Is work, home, or school becoming unmanageable because of alcohol?
- Do you continue to drink, even when it causes problems in relationships?
- Have you given up important social, occupational, or recreational activities because of alcohol use?
- Do you drink again and again, even when it puts you in danger?
- Do you need to drink more to get the effect you want?
- Have you experienced withdrawal symptoms such as seizures, blackouts, tremors, etc.?
Your Next Steps
Do I Need Help?
If you found yourself answering yes to more than a few of those questions above, you may be at risk for alcohol addiction. The good news is that you recognize the importance of addressing it and getting professional help to beat this problem. Yes, it is possible for people to gain sobriety without the use of a treatment center, but your odds increase exponentially when you allow the professionals at Nova Vital Recovery to help you on your recovery journey. Let us welcome you with open arms to the beginning of the rest of your sober life.